Dedicated to Developing Mouths: Pediatric Dentistry North Jersey
Good dental habits start in childhood—which is why Dr. Richard L. Bucher is committed to providing exceptional dentistry for the entire family. And because children, pre-teens, and teens deserve a special experience tailored to both their personal needs and developing mouths, Dr. Bucher is proud to offer pediatric dentistry. Since 1991, Laser Dentistry North Jersey has been successfully exceeding the expectations of patients of all ages, making children’s dental experiences entertaining and professional.
Because your child deserves dental treatments of the same high quality that we provide to our adult patients, we invite you to contact Dr. Bucher’s dental practice. We offer the whole family excellent cosmetic, general, and pediatric dentistry treatments in Oakland, New Jersey today.
How Is Pediatric Dentistry Different?
Dentistry for children obviously differs from dentistry for adults. To a child, a dentist’s visit might seem like a scary trip filled with bright lights and strange sounds. With our approach to family dentistry, we try to make a visit to the dentist’s as fun and welcoming as possible. The special care and treatment we provide to children here at Dr. Bucher’s dental practice can go a long way toward making your child feel happy about visiting the dentist.
Children also face different oral health problems from adults, with emerging teeth, growth as they enter adolescence, and other issues needing to be accounted for. Using our advanced equipment, we are able to address such issues with the same high level of care you would receive. No matter your child’s age, Dr. Bucher’s dentistry is an entertaining, relaxing place to receive excellent dental care.
Dental Treatments for Children
The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends that, like adults, children visit the dentist every six months. In fact, children should have their first dental visit by age one, or as soon as teeth begin to appear. Instilling good oral hygiene habits in youth is essential to long-term dental health. The treatments provided by Dr. Bucher are designed to address the unique needs of children’s developing mouths:
- Dental sealants are clear or lightly shaded plastic coatings that protect teeth from cavities. They can be placed on children’s teeth as soon as they have sufficiently erupted through the gum line.
- A proper balance of fluoride is crucial in the protection of children’s developing teeth from cavities. Dr. Bucher will work to ensure this equilibrium, administering fluoride treatments when necessary.
- Because children’s activities occasionally result in accidents, Dr. Bucher will be able to treat teeth that have been fractured or knocked out.
- Regular dental visits will determine whether your child is developing a bite problem (malocclusion), and children as young as seven are advised to consult with an orthodontist.
- If your child plays sports, Dr. Bucher may prescribe a mouth guard, custom-crafted from soft plastic based on impressions of your child’s mouth, to protect his or her teeth from injury.
- As children transition into adolescence and aesthetics become of increasing concern, Dr. Bucher will be able to counsel patients on teeth whitening treatments, Invisalign®, and other cosmetic dentistry procedures.
Learn More about Pediatric Dentistry
Oral hygiene is essential to overall well-being. Give your child’s teeth a healthy start by contacting Dr. Bucher today. We offer several pediatric dentistry treatments in Bergen County, New Jersey, as part of our effort to provide state-of-the-art dental care for the entire family.